As with all beautiful things, beaded fabrics and silks are delicate and need to be handled with care. When it comes to cleaning a garment made using our fabrics, we recommend the following:
- Using a reputable dry cleaner who specialises in caring for evening gowns and wedding dresses.
- Make sure that the dry cleaner uses a GREEN EARTH DRYCLEANING method only. Be sure to discuss this with the dry cleaner before the garment is sent off for cleaning. If the dry cleaner cannot offer this service, find one that will do so.
- If possible, provide the dry cleaner with off-cuts of your beaded fabrics to test before cleaning your gown and ask the dry cleaner to get in touch with you prior to the cleaning if they have any issues that arise from the testing.
Recommended Dry Cleaners:
GENERAL SILK & LACE CARE
- Never expose silk or lace to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not spray silk or lace with water while ironing.
- Do not treat individual stains with water.
- Always iron the reverse side or use a pressing cloth on a cool iron setting.
- Never bleach silk or lace.
- Never wring dry.
- Substances containing alcohol will damage silk and lace. Letting your perfume and hairspray dry before dressing can avoid this.
Alcohol/beverages/food spills will stain your silk garment.They must be cleaned immediately to avoid the stain setting. If you have any more questions and queries about fabric care, please contact us via email or phone.